Brothers Norman and Ralston Grant (vocals, drums and rhythm guitar) are supported by Eric Barnard (piano), Karl Hyatt (vocals, percussion) and Albert Green (congas, percussion). Their recordings - including “Faith Can Move Mountains“, “Since I Throw the Comb Away”, ”Give Rasta Praise” and “Beat Them Jah Jah” epitomise the sound of Roots reggae and stay true to their Rastafarian beliefs.
The Twinkle Brothers are well-known and respected on the international festival circuit, and famed for delivering an exceptionally energetic performance. The Channel One Sound System supported them on their recent sell-out appearance at the Outlook Festival in Croatia. At every date on the UK tour date there will be guest appearances from local artists in each city.
Confirmed dates are:
● 23 November - Band on the Wall, Manchester - http://bandonthewall.org/
● 24 November - World HQ, Newcastle- http://www.welovewhq.com/
● 30 November - Brixton Jamm, London- http://www.brixtonjamm.org/
● 1st December - Leeds University, Leeds - http://www.leedstickets.com/home
● 7th December - Marcus Garvey Centre, Nottingham - http://www.mgballroom.co.uk/
● 8th December - Trinity Centre, Bristol- http://3ca.org.uk/
See punch-records.co.uk/punch-touring-presents-twinkle-brothers for details. For enquiries contactWaqar Azam, email@example.com / 0121 224 7440. For tickets visit www.rootstours.com.
● The Twinkle Brothers: Hail from the north coast of Jamaica in the ghettos of Falmouth, the Parish of Trelawny, Best known original Jamaican reggae bands, since 1962, Worked with many well-known producers including Lee Scratch Perry, Bunny Lee and Duke Reid, Performed at festivals nationally and internationally. This is their first ever UK national tour.
● Channel One is one of the world’s top sound systems playing Roots and Culture music. With owners Mikey Dread and MC Ras Kayleb the setup has been treading the road for over 30 years.
● Roots Tours is a leading live entertainment company for Roots and Reggae tours and events in the UK specialising in concert promotion, venue operations and ticketing solutions.
● Punch Records is one of the UK’s leading music and arts development agencies, specialising in touring music and arts projects, its flagship festival BASS, education, training and outreach. Led by Director and founder, Ammo Talwar MBE,
● Outlook Festival was voted “Best International Festival” in 2011 and runs annually from late August to early September in Fort Punta Christo, Pula, Croatia. Now in its 5th year, Outlook is widely recognised as Europe’s largest bass music and sound system culture festival.