Trinidad Macaroni Pie is a mouth-watering Caribbean dish that's popular throughout the region, particularly in Trinidad and Tobago. It's a savory casserole made with elbow macaroni, cheese, milk, and spices, and is often served at family gatherings, holidays, and other special occasions. This classic Trinidadian recipe has been passed down from generation to generation and is a staple in many Caribbean households. Whether you're a seasoned pro or a novice in the kitchen, this recipe is easy to follow and guaranteed to impress your taste buds. So, let's get started and learn how to make this delicious Trinidad Macaroni Pie!
1 box elbow macaroni 2 eggs 1/2 lb cheddar cheese, grated 28-32 oz. evaporated milk
1 tsp paprika
1/4 green pepper, finely chopped1 onion, finely minced
1 teaspoon mustard
1/2 scotch bonnet pepper, finely minced
Tip of salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 F 2. Boil macaroni in salted water for 8 to 10 minutes. 3. Beat eggs; combine in large bowl with onion, pepper, cheese, salt, pepper, mustard and evaporated
4. Drain macaroni and let cool
5. Combine macaroni with egg mixture.
6. Pour everything into a baked oven-ready dish
7. Bake for 30-40 minutes
8. Let cool/set 15-20 minutes before serving
Makes 8 servings
Copyright 2013 Caribbean E-Magazine All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without credit..