Embark on a culinary journey to the sun-kissed shores of the Bahamas with a delightful and exotic dessert that captures the essence of the Caribbean – Bahamian Guava Duff. This delectable treat is a celebration of tropical flavors, showcasing the vibrant and juicy guava fruit in a sweet and comforting duff. If you're yearning for a taste of the islands and a touch of warmth in every bite, then this recipe is your ticket to a paradise of flavors.
In the heart of Bahamian kitchens, Guava Duff is a cherished tradition, a dessert that brings families and friends together to revel in the simple pleasures of life. The combination of guava's natural sweetness and the comforting embrace of a soft duff creates a symphony of flavors that transports you to a sun-drenched beach with every forkful.
Let's dive into the world of Bahamian cuisine and unlock the secrets of crafting this tantalizing dessert that will undoubtedly become a star at your table, whether you're hosting a tropical-themed party or simply yearning for a sweet escape in the comfort of your home. Get ready to unleash the flavors of the Bahamas with our Bahamian Guava Duff recipe.
Bahamian Guava Duff Recipe
2 cups all-purpose flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup milk
1 cup guava paste, finely chopped
For the sauce:
1 cup guava juice
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup unsalted butter
1. Preheat the oven: Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour a large bundt pan.
2. Sift dry ingredients: In a medium bowl, sift together the all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
3. Cream butter and sugar: In a large mixing bowl, cream together the softened butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
4. Add eggs and vanilla: Beat in the eggs, one at a time, and then add the vanilla extract. Mix well until fully combined.
5. Incorporate dry ingredients: Gradually add the sifted dry ingredients to the wet mixture, alternating with the milk. Begin and end with the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined.
6. Fold in guava paste: Gently fold in the finely chopped guava paste until evenly distributed throughout the batter.
7. Bake: Pour the batter into the prepared bundt pan and smooth the top. Bake in the preheated oven for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
8. Make the guava sauce: While the duff is baking, prepare the guava sauce. In a saucepan, combine guava juice, sugar, and butter. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring continuously until the sugar is dissolved. Reduce heat and simmer for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until the sauce thickens slightly.
9. Glaze the duff: Once the duff is out of the oven, let it cool for about 10 minutes before removing it from the pan. Place the duff on a serving plate and generously brush the warm guava sauce over the top.
10. Serve and enjoy: Allow the Bahamian Guava Duff to cool for a bit before slicing. Serve each slice with an extra drizzle of the guava sauce for an added burst of flavor.
Indulge in the tropical paradise of Bahamian Guava Duff, and let the flavors transport you to the sun-drenched beaches of the Bahamas. Whether shared with loved ones or savored solo, this delightful dessert is sure to become a favorite in your repertoire. Enjoy!